Chairman Bob Forbush opened the meeting at 8:30 a.m.
Secretary/Treasurer Ron Ryan reported a bank balance of $1,248.39. He then
reported that all villages except Bay Head, Casseekey Island and Harbour were
Joe Cotter, President of J.L. Golf Club, reported that 84% of eligible voters cast votes
on Phase 1 of the Modernization Plan, and that 60% of those voters said "yes". He
went on to state that there were many good suggestions made by voters, all of which
will be considered by the Board. He also said that a letter will be written to each person
who voted "no" asking that person to explain why a "no" vote was cast.
to closer future cooperation between the Golf Club and the JLPOA, Joe said that Golf
Club board member, Tuck Brubaker, will begin to attend JLPOA meetings, and that
board members, Bill Howe and Gene Flotron, will begin to attend Golf Club Meetings.
As a finale to his remarks, Joe announced that there will be a ribbon cutting ceremony
for the new halfway house named "The Tern", on Saturday, April 9, at 4:00 p.m.
Bill Howe, newly elected President of the JLPOA, covered a number of subjects.
- Because of lack of rain, we are in a drought condition and each village should
make certain that irrigation water is used wisely.
- The villages should determine from their residents just how people feel about the
speed bumps that have been installed.
- Bill then began a discussion of the proposed Real Estate Office. A copy of his
prepared remarks is attached hereto. Gordon Cook, President of Longshore,
asked Bill a number of questions concerning who is to pay for the construction
and operation of this building? Will JLPOA quarterly assessments be increased?
Bill assured the Council that projected revenues and rents will pay for the
building, and that residents will not be assessed.
A vote by show of hands was then taken.
- Those voting for a building with a bank - 7 votes
- Those voting for a building without a bank - 22 votes
- Those voting for no building - 1 vote
- Norman Gorin, representing Southporte, asked Bill Howe two questions. First,
what are the hours each day that the Marina can use their forklift equipment?
The answer given was from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Second, why are trucks
permitted to use the South Gate since there is a "No Trucks" sign at the South
Gate? The JLPOA will check and advise the answer.
Bob Shea gave the monthly Security Report which is attached hereto.
Bob Forbush then reported that the Nominating Committee is submitting the following
slate of officers for the President's Council for 1999-2000.
- CHAIRMAN....................Bob Johnson, Jonathan's Island
- VICE CHAIRMAN...............Peter Oram, Bridgegate
- SECY/TREAS..................Gordon Cook, Longshore
Nominations were closed and the above slate was elected unanimously.
Chairman elect Johnson said that the next meeting will be on November 12, 1999 at
The meeting was adjourned at 10:15 a.m.
Ronald R. Ryan